Tuesday, January 29, 2013

7 Things That Piss Me Off


Originally published on Friday, December 21, 2012.

I know I haven't been blogging much lately; it's partly due to my moving and partly due to sheer laziness. Anyway, I thought it would be interesting to do a post about things that really bother me just to put it out there and so you'll learn a little more about me. These aren't organized in any way whatsoever; it's mostly just the order they entered my brain. 

I know some people are going to say "You shouldn't be putting so much negativity on the internet!" I like to think of it as venting publicly. Also it's this or I run around pillaging and laying waste to the town. You're choice! (I jest, of course!)

Let's begin, shall we?

1. When people use my stuff without asking.

It really bothers me when people do this because it feels like they're saying "I have very little respect for you and to show this I'm going to take your crap and do whatever the hell I feel like with it without so much as a tip of the hat. And there's nothing you can do about it." I know some people in particular feel I'm just being unreasonably anal about it, but they obviously don't understand that it's my stuff. I'll happily let you use it if you ask, but if you just take it all willy-nilly, I'll be reluctant to cooperate with you in similar situations in the future. Just saying. 

2. Angry people.

Now to be clear, I don't mean people who get pissed off and/or freak out once in a while (because that would include everyone in the world); I mean people who are obviously angry and full of hate all the time. You know who I'm talking about. The ones who bitch on and on about how unfortunate their situation is, or about how much they hate their life, or just how  unbearable other people are, and so on and so forth. I don't just dislike these people because they piss me off (though that is a substantial reason). It just makes me sad that they don't have enough good in their life to be happy. I realise that their circumstances must be terrible and I've never been anywhere near where they are, ergo I'm not going to sit here and be like "Well, if you life's so damn awful, why don't you, oh Gee I don't know, do something about it?!" That would be really unfair of me because they could be trying really effing hard to make things better for themselves, but they just can't. I don't know that for sure. I just wish they could be happy. 

3. Noisy classrooms.

My math class is (as all my previous high school math classes) really incomprehensibly loud. I've actually been almost enjoying math class in the past couple of years, but I'd enjoy it more if I could hear what my teacher is saying. I sit at the front of the class because I like being there and it makes seeing, hearing and understanding the lesson much easier. Unfortunately, the noise level is so high that it holds up the lesson and make the whole thing much more painful than it really needs to be. I just want to learn my math and move on, but apparently that's far too much to ask.

4. Things moving in the corner of my eye.

This always makes me physically angry because I find it so freaking annoying! Rhythmic things like tapping fingers or swinging feet are the worst for me. I don't know why, but it drives me absolutely bonkers. I wish it didn't bother me so much, but I can't help it. It's as if the very action itself is mocking me... *tap* *tap* *tap* *tap* *What are you gonna do about it?* *tap* *tap* *tap* "Nothing because that would involve me acting like picky jackass!" I. Hate. It. And. I. Hate. That. I. Hate. it.

5. When the next season of your favourite show is postponed yet again.

I recently found out that allegedly Sherlock season 3 is not airing until... wait for it... 2014. 2014!!! Apparently they're starting filming in March of 2013. The story I'd heard from my friend was that they weren't starting filming until January of 2013. I also heard that it was supposed to air in Autumn of 2013, but clearly things have changed. I don't know what time of year it's going to release but I'm praying for it to be January 1st, 2014. That would only make it a little over a year away. DO NOT quote me on ANY of this! I have no ACTUAL PROOF, but I am operating (if you can even call it that) under the assumption that Sherlock will begin filming in March and air sometime in 2014. This whole situation just feels like an endless, painful cycle of procrastination. 

I swear to God, Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss, if this isn't the most life-alteringly, heart-breakingly, spine-tinglingly, sumptuously delicious 4 1/2 hours of Mr. Sherlock Holmes and Dr. John H. Watson I've ever encountered in my entire existence, I shall be royally pissed off. Just warning you ahead of time. 

6. Not having a doorknob on my room.

Since we moved in, there have been no doorknob on any of the doors in my house. My sister was the first to get one and that was two-ish weeks ago, I believe. But thankfully as of last weekend, there was a knob on every door! It's a Christmas miracle! No more unwanted pets in my room or using the teddy bear bed my sister made me a few years ago as an oversized doorstop! By the way, I keep meaning to complete Moving: Episode 7, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I started it about 3-4 weeks ago, so some of the info doesn't apply to the situation anymore. I'll try to get around to revising it as soon as possible, for you see, as I write this addition to this post, IT'S A SNOWDAY! Now those don't piss me off!

7. Josh Ramsay's hair.

If you're a big Marianas Trench fan like me, you'll know that their lead singer, Josh Ramsay, recently bleached his hair. Now this doesn't piss me off as much as it disappoints me. I like his hair in it's natural state, the way it should be. Black and blue. Now it's blonde and blue. I have a theory that he just bleached it for their Stutter video shoot. I really hope I'm right. I'll love him no matter what and I still think he sings like an angel, but I just wish he'd keep his hair bruise-coloured. That said, it has been black and blue for just about a decade now so I can see why he'd like to change things up. Here are some before and after pictures for comparison:

Before:




After: 


That was the best picture I could find. It's from MTrench's performance at the Grey Cup 2012 (I think Josh had a cold or a soar throat or something; he sounds a little scratchy in some parts. Nonetheless, he's still heartbreaking to listen to live.). Which do you like better? Black and blue or blonde and blue? Let me know in the comments. 

I hope you enjoyed this. Let me know about some things that bug you! Leave them here or on my Facebook page. Have a spectacular holiday season and a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment