Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Glee

Originally published on Wednesday, July 25, 2012.


I know what you may be thinking. That I am a fan of that one TV show where everyone sings all the time and now I'm going to rave about it.

No. 

As a matter of fact I'm not a fan (don't yell at me) but I don't hate it either. Remember when I told you about my training day to be a volunteer at a local theatre? Well, I'm currently volunteering for two workshops, one of which is already over. Can you guess what it's called?

Anyway, I digress. The basic premise of the workshop was to learn a bunch of songs that Glee covered. And dances, too. Then you have one show at the theatre and one show at a nearby park that hosts a relatively small music festival every year. 

I volunteered for this workshop last year, too. There were 52 kids in that workshop. Fifty-two kids. There were 53, but one decided not to continue for personal reasons. This year there were a little over 40 which is a far more manageable number (no sarcasm). 

This year, because of new time restraints, one song had to be cut, but no one seemed to mind. In fact, I saw some people whisper "Yes!" and pump their fists. In case you're wondering, the song was We Are The Champions by Queen. I couldn't be at either of the shows because I went Montreal for three days with my sister. A post and pictures of my trip will follow this... eventually. Depends on when I get around to it. I've been pretty busy since workshop #2 started.

I'll let you guys know this weekend how workshop #2 went. Have a great day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment