Saturday, January 5, 2013

Moving: Episode 3

Originally published on Tuesday, May 1, 2012.

As I'm sure you have already inferred from previous Moving Episodes, I dislike staging my house quite a bit. But today's instalment of Moving will include far less of the general perfecting of my home.

I am sitting at my grandmother's house, as I usually do when writing the Moving Episodes. And mere minutes ago my mother's cat decided to knock over a duck decoy my father made. The state of its beek has been compromised. It broke into at least three pieces and my father gets the coveted task of repairing it.

We got our first offer on our house, but that has since been nullified because of undetermined circumstances. But we have been informed that someone else is planning on making a bid. I'll keep you posted.

We have an open house today. We won't be back to the house for a while after it ends because we're going to see a play some of my friends are it. The play is 'La Cage Aux Folles'. One of my guyfriends is playing a drag queen. I must say, he looks good as a woman.

I'm currently doing a different play that you may have heard of. It's called 'Titanic'. My character is Colonel John Jacob Astor IV. He was a real passenger upon the Titanic. He went down with the ship.

Update: 'La Cage Aux Folles' is my new favourite play. If you haven't seen it, you should. It's endlessly funny and all the actors did a stunning job.


Update:
Today is Friday. Yesterday was rather traumatic for reasons that will go unmentioned, but in the aftermath of said event, I woke up this morning and completely forgot we had another showing today. I didn't make my bed. I didn't open my curtains. My lovely sister had to perform these tasks for me. Luckily I had enough time to clean up my bathroom (by that I mean putting everything on the counter into a drawer). Anyway, I thought I should let you know of my moving-related brain-fart, and extend a more public thank you to my sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment