Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Moving: Episode 6 - Going once, going twice, SOLD!


Originally published on Sunday, November 4, 2012.

As you probably already know, my family spent about six months with our house on the market. We had, for a while, a conditional offer on our house which required our respective buyers to sell their house before buying ours (the same offer we had on our new house). Fortunately for us, that deal went through and on October 16th, 2012 we were informed that our house is officially sold. 

Bet you can't guess when our moving date is.

Go on, just take a stab at it!

It's okay, there's no wrong answer. (That's a lie; there are are several wrong answers.)

Late November, even December you say? Nope. November 16th. Exactly one month's notice. And as of now, that's less than two weeks away. 

Bet you can't guess what I won't be doing that day. Seeing Breaking Dawn Pt. 2. (I'm sure several of you just lost at least 12.5% of your respect for me, but I don't care.)

Let's go through the pros and cons of this monumental milestone, shall we? 

Pros

~ No more showings! YEAH!
~ I'll be living in town after I move (so I can actually go somewhere if want to. Right now if I'm bored I can go the the pond, the stump, the big rock or the crik [creek] if I really want an adventure)
~ I can walk to school (nice when it's sunny)
~ I can stay after school if I want to
~ I don't have to go home right away
~ I can get a real job ($ :D)

Cons

~ I'm leaving the house that I've lived in since I was six (count 'em, six) days old
~ I have to walk to school (moving in mid November; it's going to get colder before it gets warmer)
~ Packing sucks
~ Smaller house
~ Less trees, more neighbours and cars (I'm actually hoping I have one of those crazy neighbours; people like that keep things interesting!)
~ I have to get a real job
~ I'm probably going to have run errands for my parents (e.g.: groceries)


The whole situation hasn't actually sunk in yet. I still have a bunch to pack, which I really should be doing right now instead of sitting here blogging about it in my pyjamas and red lipstick playing all 20 of my Marianas Trench songs on loop. That's how I kick it; like a boss. 

Anyway, according to my father's orders I need to reduce the contents of my room down to the bear necessities (see what I did there?). I've packed up most of my makeup collection and I'll be publishing a blog post immediately following this one containing precisely what I'm going to be living off of for the next two weeks. 

I hope you likes it! Share your moving stories in the comments or on my Facebook page. Have an awesome-tastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment