Thursday, January 10, 2013

New Channel!!! :D

Originally published on Wednesday, August 1, 2012.


I went to a museum with my friend today and we decided while we were there that we are going to make one of those YouTube channels where we do silly skit things and basically make foolish lame-asses of ourselves for fun, then put them on the internet so other people can see us make foolish lame-asses of ourselves for fun. Similar channels are owned and run by people like MattG124 and possibly ShaneDawsonTV (but I wouldn't know because I don't watch ShaneDawsonTV)

I'm sure you're wondering right now:

1. "What is this mystical channel you speak of called?"
2. "What is the name of this friend of your's?"
3. "How often can we expect videos?"
4. "What brought on this sudden need to make foolish lame-asses of yourselves on the internet?"

1. Our new channel is called CurlyAndTheGinger because 'Curly and the Ginge' is our super hero team. We called it 'CurlyAndTheGinger' instead of 'CurlyAndTheGinge' or 'CurlyAndTheGing' because we knew that most people would be like "Curly and the what?- G-g-gi-ging? Is that right?" and saying 'CurlyAndTheJinj' just seemed silly (also, if you're not paying attention, you could accidentally type 'CurlyAndTheKink'. Not the kind of rep we want to be sporting.)

2. My friend's name is Alex. She has a blog, too! The link is under the 'My Friends' Blogs' above, but for convenience and because I know lots of people reading this are lazy, not unlike myself, and wish to use as few clicks of the mouse as possible to achieve their desired location, I will link it right here as well. (Man, am I on a run-on-sentence kick, or what?)
3. We agreed that once a month was reasonable. Again, I know what you're thinking: "Wow, Kenz. Real ambitious today, aren't we?" The thing is, I'm moving, remember? Getting together to do these vids is going to be a little more difficult than it would otherwise be. So when we do find to to film, we'll get a bunch out of the way at once. I'll be editing and uploading them, but most videos should feature both of us.

4. Well, we're both pretty big fans of MattG (I mean like "Hey, let's go watch some MattG!". Not like "OH MY GOODNESS MATTG PLEASE SIGN MY AVOCADO!") and decided it would be fun to make videos like his, but not plagiarising his work, of course. That would be mean. Also, we're not exactly normal and it's fun to film yourself being a foolish lame-ass and then posting it on the web for all to see... or so I've heard... and seen... 

Some ideas we have are:
Coke vs. Pepsi: A Blind Taste Test
Blindfolded Makeup Tag
The Out-Of-A-Hat Talk Show (put topics in a hat and draw them at random)
Making Up Songs
Doing Silly Things in Public
Commercial/Infomercials for Silly and/or Useless Pruducts
Some of the above with guests
Plus anything you suggest! Like, seriously. Please give us ideas.

Also, feel free to leave any inquiries (relevant or otherwise) in the comments below or on my Facebook page.

I understand that this may be a very stupid idea. I also understand that many of you may lose at least 10% of you respect for me just because I'm doing this. What the hell; it'll be fun!

Wow. This actually almost looks like a legitimate blog post. 

Just thought I'd let you know. Have an awesome day!

1 comment:

  1. Do you love Pepsi or Coca-Cola?
    SUBMIT YOUR ANSWER and you could get a prepaid VISA gift card!

    ReplyDelete