Monday, January 7, 2013

Tidbits: 2nd Edition

Originally published on Friday, June 1, 2012.


The other day in History class, my friend Jessica (yes, Muffin Jessica) and I had been discussing the dysfunctions of having a hyphenated last name. Now, If you or anyone you know happens to have a hyphenated name, I mean no offence to you or this acquaintance, colleague or family member of yours.

My original suggestion of this conundrum was that if you have a hyphenated name and you marry someone with a hyphenated name, your children (or even yourself if you are currently inhabiting some part of Quebec) will have a quadruple hyphenated name.
Jessica proposed that you could take one name from each of you and have that be both your names.

My idea was that you could combine all four names into one super name. For example, if you took the names Gobson-Robinowitz (I made up 'Gobson'. I have no idea if it's a real last name or not) and Smith-Johnson you would get something like 'Mr. and Mrs. Robinogobjohnsmith' (Roh-BIN-oh-gob-john-smith). 
And of course, being me, I told several of my friends that they must refer to me as 'Mrs. Robinogobjohnsmith', and no, they may not call me 'Mrs. R.'

~

When I was coming down the lane way after school, since I live in the country, a raccoon just walked across approximately 10 ft in front of me. It didn't waddle nearly as much as I'm used to. And his hind feet seemed rather large. 

~

Apparently, playing cards involves a lot more swearing that I anticipated.
My friend Emily possessed a deck of cards this morning and decided to play Solitaire the good ol' fashioned way. She asked for Muffin Jessica and myself to help. Obviously she didn't really mean this because every time Jessica or I suggested a move she would either shoot it down or simply ignore it. My favourite moment of her game when she was distraught over her not being able to move to do something or other with a three on account of there was a two in the way. We suggested she move the two off the pile and then put the three where she pleased. She responded with something along the lines of "I'll move the tree when I God damn well please!!!".

Then Emily and and another friend, Ashley, were playing Crazy Eights Countdown this morning after Em's rather aggravating game of Solitaire. Ashley swears like a truck driver from Texas. She's obviously very competitive when it comes to cards.
They played again at lunch and I watched, just as amused as I was earlier this morning. Ashley's extreme and, frankly hilarious cussing almost got her into deep trouble, partially because of me. I will admit that I was encouraging Ash's swearing streak by saying "Swear a little more" to her because I found it entertaining. At one point right after I said that, the Principal walked right behind her, but she didn't seem to notice. Phew!

~

We watched a video of George Carlin talk about climate change in Science class. I won a Caramilk bar because I knew that George Carlin was a comedian. What I didn't know was that he died in 2008. Did you?

~

My experience with the Revlon ColorStay Base and Top Coat is going very well. I see a review in my future...

~

I'm hungry...

~

I had a bunch of things I wanted to write about in this blog post, but it seems I have forgotten many of them... Hmm... I'll add any that I remember later on.

~

I learned yesterday that The blog of Dr. John H. Watson and The Science of Deduction from the ever astounding BBC TV series, Sherlock are actual websites!!!!! BBC actually created them and there's comments from Mrs. Hudson and John's sister and everything!!!!!!!!!!!! I almost pooed my pants when I found out. My new friend Alexis told me about them. She a fellow Sherlockian. Check them out!

~

My drama teacher asked me how my eyelashes look so perfect all the time. It made me happy! :)

~

Going shopping tomorrow. My mother wants me to get some clothes. I hate clothes shopping. It's so exhausting. First you have to find clothes you think you'll like. Then you  put clothes on. You take clothes of. And then that one top you were really excited about hugs you in all the wrong places. Sigh. The good part is that lately, when I've been going places on the weekend, I'm more creative with my makeup on the weekend. Tutorial?

~

I recently added a 'Subscribe Via Email' button. When I first included it, the 'Submit' button looked like this:
Subm
it
They fixed it. Don't worry.

~

I just added links to my Facebook Page and my YouTube Channel at the top of my blog!

~

I was sitting on the bus with one of my guyfriends, and a dude we both know comes up to the side of the bus and writes 'SEXY' on one window, and 'I LOVE TO SWIM' on another. Of course, my friend and I being ourselves thought that it said 'I LOVE TOSWIM' and we were both like "What the hell is 'TOSWIM'?". Once the error was made clear to us by another boy on the bus, we laughed like the idiots we are. 

~

Have a great weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment